Farmers Market Sales Rep
Who We Are:
Trusted Freshness® is a vertical indoor controlled environment farm growing safe, fresh, nutrient dense produce year round. We grow kales, lettuces, herbs and microgreens as well as a variety of value-add products with the greens.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
We want a lover of food to learn and tell the story of Trusted Freshness® and Vertical Growers Network. From the inspiration behind the brands to our focus on local, wholesome food that satisfies people’s hunger for creative flavours and new food experiences. Our amazing Farmers Market Sales Representative is the face of Trusted Freshness® and VGN at the local farmers markets (figuratively, not literally, because literally might be weird). You’ll primarily be tasked with engaging customers in a positive, memorable way while sharing the Trusted Freshness® and VGN. story, selling fresh greens and other products to the local market-goers of Edmonton, handling cash, keeping track of inventory, and dishing out high-fives like they’re going out of style. You’ll be working Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a half day on Thursday and possibly Monday. This is a Part Time role with the potential for Full Time.
Recipe for Success:
- Experience in customer service or promotions; obsessed with providing every fan with the best experience
- Positive attitude and spirit, willingness and enthusiasm in embracing new challenges and engaging fans
- Outgoing and passionate
- Reliable transportation (aka a car and valid driver’s licence)
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Ability to stand for the duration of each shift
- A deep love for fresh, safe and nutritious food
- Ready and willing to learn and grow
- You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (because sometimes you are required to set up a booth with a tent, coolers, and weights and that can be heavy) alone or with help
Trusted Freshness® wants to be a great place to work. We are committed to paying a competitive wage and offer a staff discount on everything we sell. You’ll be working Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a half day Thursday and Monday.
This is a Part Time role with the potential for Full Time. There is a standard 3 month probationary period.
In your cover letter please include your answer to the following question:
- What motivates you to come to work every day?
Job Type: Part-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)