VGN/Trusted Freshness® has an immediate opening for a Horticulture Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hydroponic Greenhouse experience is required
- Knowledge of hydroponic systems/ strategies
- Experience in growing Leafy Green Plants, Herbs and Vine Crops preferred
- Ability to assess and interpret nutrient water samples / sheets
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines to ensure crop work is completed on time
- Ability to work in a multilingual environment and be team player
- Good computer skills within Microsoft Office an asset
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Your diploma / degree in Horticulture Science, with hands-on greenhouse experience and advanced knowledge of hydroponic plant nutrition, at all crop growth stages, is required.
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Typical Vertical Farm Hydroponic greenhouse environment with office duties
40-50 hours weekly, must be available for extended hours and weekends
- Ladders & Elevated work platforms
- Any other required task IE: Stand up Forklift
Transportation: Transportation from Edmonton or around Leduc is available, see Leduc transit for closest route.