Thai Basil Beef (Pad gra prow)
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Serves 4 (video shows double recipe)
2 TBSP Sesame Oil
12 oz beef, thinly sliced against grain and mixed with 1tsp oil and 2 tsp cornstarch
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1-3 red thai chilis (to taste)
1 cup thai basil leaves, packed
1. Heat wok over high heat and add the oil.
2. Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and onions to the wok, stir-fry until lightly browned and slightly caramelized.
4. Add the peppers and continue cooking until they are bright in colour.
5. Toss the beef back in, along with oyster sauce and fish sauce. Stir-fry another few minutes and add the soy sauces.
6. In the last minute, fold in the thai basil until it is just wilted and remove from heat.
7. Serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!